Nicki Minaj Net Worth
- Name : Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty
- Born: December 8, 1982
- Age: 38
- Occupation: Rapper, singer, songwriter, actress, voice actress, model, and businesswoman.
- Parents : Robert Maraj, Carol Maraj
- Spouse(s) : Kenneth Petty (m. 2019)
- Children: 1
- Year active: 2004–present
- Website: com
- Net Worth: $ $85 million.
Nicki Minaj Net worth
Onika Tanya Maraj, born on December 8, 1982, in Saint James, Trinidad, and Tobago. When she was a small child she lived with her grandmother but when Minaj was five years old her mother had to move to New York to attend Monroe College so she brought the family to NY. As a child, Minaj’s childhood was not an easy one due to his alcoholic and drug-addicted father. His father was abusive towards Minaj and her mother and once even burned down their house in an attempt to kill her mother.
Those tough times made Minaj more dedicated and fueled her desire to become famous to make her and her mother’s life better. In her efforts to change their life she went to the prestigious acting school LaGuardia High School to pursue her main dream of acting but had to change track later and ended up as a backup singer for New York rappers and uploading songs on her Myspace page.
Nicki Minaj’s music career began when the CEO of Dirty Money Records noticed her back in 2009. She released two mixtapes with Dirty Money Record. Then Lil Wayne discovered her and she switched to his record label Young Money Entertainment.
In 2010 her debut album “Pink Friday” was released. The album charted number two in Billboard 200 and sold over 375,000 copies just in its first week. She was the first female solo artist to have seven of her songs on the Billboard Hot 100 list. She was also the first female to appear on MTV Annual Hottest MC List.
In 2012 her second album, “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” was released. The album has the hits like Starship, Pound the Alarm, and Va Va Voom which topped the rap, pop, and R&B charts.
Minaj released his third album in December 2014, “The Pinkprint”. The album ranked number two on the Billboard 200 chart. The song Anaconda broke records on Vevo with 19.6 million views in just 24 hours.
Other ventures and endorsement:
Minaj has appeared in some movies like “The Other Woman” and “Barbershop: The next cut”. Other than that she has also appeared in some Television shows including American Idol.
She has also appeared in a number of ads for brand endorsement. Minaj has appeared in commercials for MTV, Pepsi Adidas Beats Electronic, etc. she endorses brands like Nokia, MAC cosmetic, CASIO, OPI Products, and Adidas. She has a brand of perfume and nail-polish collection of her own.
Her concert tour for “Pinkprint” earned her $13 million in revenue in the year 2015. She gets around $1-2 million from her VEVO channel on YouTube.
- American Music Awards – Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album (Pink Friday, 2011)
- American Music Awards – Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist (2011, 2012, 2015)
- BET Awards – Best New Artist (2010)
- BET Awards – Best Female Hip-Hop Artist (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Billboard Women in Music – Rising Star (2011)
- BMI Awards – Song of the Year (Super Bass, 2012)
- MOBO Awards – Best International Act (2012)
- NARM Awards – Breakthrough Artist of the Year (2011)
- People’s Choice Awards – Favorite Hip-Hop Artist (2013)
- YouTube Music Awards – 50 Artists to Watch (2015)
- “Shoutout to my haters, sorry that you couldn’t phase me.”
- “You don’t have to feel the need to put somebody down to make yourself feel better.”
- “Take me or leave me I’ll never be perfect… believe me, I’m worth it.”
- “People will love and support you when it’s beneficial.”
- “There’s nothing more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.”
- “Mind over matter, I don’t mind and you don’t matter.”
- “Life is a prize, but to live doesn’t mean you’re alive.”
One of the most popular and influential hip-hop artist Nicki Minaj’s net worth is $85 million which is bound to grow further the way it has in the past.
For more celebs net worth please check below